Friday, October 11, 2013

A Few of my Favorite Far off Places . . .

My good friend Shy is getting married and moving to LA. I'm very excited for her life, (and for her upcoming Bollywood style wedding)!
When I heard about her move, I made her a list of my favorite places in Southern California.  As you know, I love sharing my favorite places in The City Beautiful, so I am sharing some of my hometown favorites with you too!

So here is a bit of my list. Just in case you decide to go to LA too!


       Phillipe’s Restaurant (a few blocks from Union Station) : a fun, iconic restaurant - try the Lamb French Dip Sandwich. This place is super causal, there is sawdust on the floor and you order at a counter, no waiters.
Photo Cred 
 

         ChinaTown/Olvera Street: fun place to check out.

          SanteeAlley: Fun for shopping for cheap clothes, jewelry and random things. (a bit dirty, but great people watching)
The Santee Alley
thesanteealley.com
 

         TheBiltmore Hotel (Now the Millennium Biltmore): this hotel is the sight of many famous movies including Pretty Woman. It has a beautiful art deco lobby/staircase and is a fun place to check out while in LA. Good place to relax after shopping in Santee Alley.



The Pantry Restaurant: I used to go here with my dad; it’s near the theatre where the first academy awards show was held. Many famous people have eaten here: Marilyn Monroe, Martin Luther King Jr, and Bill Clinton (and me). You should go too!
 
Photo Cred
 

The Hollywood Bowl: This place is amazing, a huge outdoor concert venue where you can pack your own food to bring in and have a giant picnic. Find a cheap show and have a date night!
Photo Cred
 

The Getty: It’s not the same as the Getty Villa, but you need to see it. Go on a clear day and you can see Catalina Island.
View of the Getty Center
Photo Cred

Griffith Park Observatory: Want the best view of the ‘Hollywood’ sign? Go here. You can also hike here. 
Photo Cred


The LA Zoo:I like zoos.

Photo Cred
And let's not forget La Paloma, the best Mexican food  around!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment