Saturday, October 5, 2013

Adventures in Pulled Pork

Before I moved to Orlando and tried 4Rivers Smokehouse- I was not a BBQ fan. The California version of BBQ is a sad piece of grilled chicken with some Hunt's BBQ sauce poured on top. So when I tried 4Rivers after much hesitation, I fell in love. So much so, they catered my rehearsal dinner. They have even inspired me to try to make my own BBQ. So here is my adventure in pulled pork- which turned out amazing!


I picked up a 2lb boneless 'Boston Butt' at my local Fresh Market
I made a simple dry rub (the sauce is for later) and rubbed it on the meat after first applying some olive oil. to the roast.

Here is the meat ready to go- it doesn't need a lot of seasoning, I don't always measure, but the mix was about 2 tbs total. I popped in my slow cooker with half a cup of water on low
After about 6 hours it was looking and smelling amazing!

I drained the water, shredded the meat and put it back in the crockpot on high for the last two hours- and it was ready to eat.


I wish I had a plated photo, but it was so delicious I couldn't wait to eat it! (and neither could Gareth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment