Saturday, April 4, 2015

Ridiculously Easy Hot Cross Buns

It's almost Easter and if you want a special, yet simple to make Easter treat, read on!
Happy Easter!
Hot cross buns are similar to a cinnamon roll; but not as sweet  and are usually filled with raisins and candied citrus peel.  They're a popular Easter treat in South Africa, so I wanted to make a surprise batch for my husband to remind him of his family Easter traditions.

I didn't have much time so I cut a few corners and was so happy with how my hot cross buns turned out. You really only need a few simple ingredients:

- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- cinnamon 2 tsp
- ground cloves 1/2 tsp
- allspice 1/4 tsp
- dried cranberries 3 tsp
- a tube of frosting

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Gather your ingredients and measure a small bowl with spices and dried cranberries.

Make a dough ball with the crescent dough knead in your spices and cranberries. 

You may have some cranberry casualties. 

Tear up the mixed dough and divide into 8 rolls. Use parchment paper for easy clean up!

I scored my buns for an easier time frosting (this did nothing and the marks vanished while baking). 

Bake for about 15 minutes and let the buns cool. 

Arrange and frost! 

We enjoyed our buns with some rooibos tea!

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment