Thursday, April 7, 2016

Spring Break in South Africa

Hello! I've been away far too long- since my most recent post (in November!) I have been up to so much. Here are a few highlights before you read all about my recent African adventure.

November: I turned 30 and had a amazing birthday trip at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
December: My husband's family visited and we spent the holidays together.
January/ February/March: I got to visit DC and Tallahassee for work multiple times.

Now onto our most recent adventure to South Africa...
We spent two weeks visiting family and friends in Johannesburg and Durban and took lots of amazing side trips to Pretoria, Hartbeespoort, and the Midlands. Here are some photos form our first week in South Africa.

Enjoy!
Our first stop in downtown Johannesburg at the SAB Brewery for a tour and tasting

We were lucky to have such great weather 

We stopped for lunch at One Fox Street Market

We also had time to visit Gareth's grandmother and nanny

We drove to Hartbeespoort ant took a cable car to enjoy the view 

The ride up was a little scary! 

View from the top!

On Easter we visited the Union Buildings in the capitol, Pretoria 


We visited the Mandela and Gen.Hertzog monuments 
I will post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment