Monday, November 2, 2015

Pacific Northwest Adventure Part I



Hello! This past August my husband and I got to have a preview of autumn while visiting the Pacific Northwest. We had two weddings to attend and decided to turn our westward adventure into an EPIC road trip. We started in Seattle, looped around the start of the 101, and followed the whole Olympic Peninsula, down the Oregon Coast, and then inland to the McKenzie River Valley. Our final leg was up to Olympia and then back to Seattle before flying home. What an adventure (Also, I think I have now traveled all of the 101)!

Here are a few snapshots from the first leg of our trip!
I started my adventure at a conference at the Edgewater Hotel 

I enjoyed my waterfront room! 

I stayed in a beautiful waterfront room with views of the Puget Sound.

I caught a bit of the sights on a Duck Boat tour.
A view of Seattle from a Duck Boat Tour.

I really enjoyed seeing Seattle on land and by water on a duck.

Finally reunited! Gareth got to climb Mt. Rainer while I worked. But we were on our way together soon!

Day one of our road trip took us to the top of Hurricane Ridge

We enjoyed beautiful views more the 5,000 feet up! 
It was a little chilly at the top!          
I am not used to being at such a high altitude and didn't feel too well! 


Exploring the tunnels and road turn offs. 


A bit further down the ridge you could see across the San Juan de Fuca Strait to Canada.

I have LOTS more to share, so stayed tuned! I hope my inspiration can by your inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment